Fresh Baked Bread is Evil
Following a beautiful day of fair weather on Saturday despite the forecast of rain, Sunday brought the rain that had been promised and it seemed to be raining enough to make up for lost time on Saturday. It was a day of household chores and cooking. I was hoping to do enough food prep to make it through the week without spending more than 15 minutes on dinner each night. Success. We had rotisserie chicken on Sunday with leftovers for lunches and some that was added to Gumbo that I cooked on Sunday to save for Wednesday’s post bike ride dinner. Tuna salad, a big green salad and a crock pot chicken and rice casserole gave us enough for lunches and dinners through Friday.
What I really wanted was fresh bread. I didn’t make any. Because I pick at the loaf until it’s all gone. This is not good. This is evil. And I was on my way to the store last night to get chocolate stout to make Chocolate Stout Cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day. But I turned around and went home. Then made up for it by eating more chicken and rice. Not a fair trade. I’m not sure it was even a lesser evil. Because I felt deprived, I sat on the couch late last night devising a beer based menu for sometime in the future when I have company to share it with. Beer braised short ribs, roasted brussel sprouts with guinness sauce, and those damn cupcakes.
This week I went all kinds of crazy and decided that I wanted to drive for a couple of hours so I could camp for one night in a State Park and attend a class on Italian Cooking in a Dutch Oven. Seriously. Dutch oven lasagna and italian bread. The class is in a couple of weeks. I’m thinking I’ll have to buy a bigger dutch oven when I get back.
Monday: warm up and 2 strength moves single leg presses 3 x 8 x 135lb, good mornings 3 x 10 x 45lb
- plyo board jumps front to back x 25
- mtn climbers x 50
- plyo board jumps side to side x 25
- sit ups x 25
- wall ball x 25
- calf raises x 15 x 150lb
- knee tucks x 25
Tuesday: warm up and ladder drills for 5 minutes
- vertimax 1/4 squat jumps x 10 (jumping while bungeed to a platform)
- treadmill intervals 30 sec
- inverted row x 15
- plate push x 30 yds x 35lb
- kettlebell swing x 20 x 30lb
- box blasts x 10 ea leg (single leg on 18″ box, quick press up and back down, almost like hopping)
- jump rope x 150
Wednesday a.m.: warm up
- bench press max rep to fatigue 4 x (3x 85lb 1 x 90lb) avg reps 6
- pushups max reps 4 x – avg 20
- lat pulldown 3 x 10 x 80lb
- dumbbell row 3 x 10 x 30lb
- overhead tricep extension 3 x 10 x 25lb
- incline curls 3 x 10 x 15lb
- front raise 3 x 10 x 12lb DB
Partner Curls 10, 9, 8….to 1 rep back up 2,3,…to 10 reps. 33lb bar.
Wednesday p.m. 22 mile easy-ish bike ride, one climb, average speed 15 mph.
Thursday 3 miles of SLOW running outside. hot, sticky, tired, concrete legs. I blame not eating the bread. I must have been low on energy.