Busy Weekends Lead to Busier Weeks
This past weekend I had a chance to spend some alone time with my teenage daughter. No, it did not turn into that new TV show that I haven’t watched yet “I Hate My Teenage Daughter”, though I know why that phrase is uttered on a regular basis. Instead the weekend was filled by a sleepover, a dinner (Friday) and a lunch (Sunday) outing, a little shopping and some Just Dance3. Though there was dog walking, Wii and one yoga workout that promised a burn but was barely a birthday candle, I felt like the weekend didn’t hold much as far as workouts go. So welcome to the weekdays my friend, here it comes:
10, yes 10 Rounds:
- leg press x 15 x 150lb
- push up x 15
- floor sweepers 15 x 55lb
- kettle bell swings x 15 x 30lb
Tuesday: I slept in and skipped the a.m. gym workout in exchange for Bob Harper Yoga for Warriors. When Bob says yoga can be a workout, I believe it. That other one I tried, not so much.
Wednesday: Unintentional sleep in led to another day of Bob, Pure Burn Cardio! 60 minutes of kettlebell swings, jumping jacks, walkouts, pushups, more pushups, and lunges. YES!
- uphill (15%) sprints 45 seconds, 6.5 mph
- overhead squat x 10 x 33lb
- medicine ball chops x 8 ea side x 10lb
- hang clean x 15 x 45lb
- yoyo x 12
- pushup x 10
Friday: the day started with chasing the 55lb puppy down the street at 5:15 a.m. on the coldest morning of winter so far. I think that counts as a warm up.
- active warm up with Animal Series/ Plyo Jump combos: crab walks, spider crawls, etc with front/back or side/side jumps in between
- deadlift 3 x 8 x 95lb
- pullup medley 3 x 5 in 3 positions, wide, mid and reverse grip
- split squat 3 x 10 x 15lb DBs, each leg
- superset x 2 : 21s x 33lb bar and weighted dips x 15 x 35lb plate
twentyones are barbell bicep curls 7 halfway up, 7 starting up and halfway down, 7 full curls
This weekend will be reversed with the young one away at a church retreat for the weekend, it’s alone time with the Hubs. Plan for the weekend: riding a bike, maybe get some house to-dos checked off and I’m hoping for a long run too. I’d better get to it.