Frenetic Fitness

fre·net·ic /frəˈnetɪk/ done very fast and with a lot of energy, often by someone who is in a hurry.

The Gift of Relaxation

Fridays workout: most of it already dismissed from memory since I’ve slept since then. I know I did about 12 minutes warm up on the treadmill, flat up to 4 minutes then increasing incline 2% every 90sec and a short cooldown. I think the rest went something like this
Upper Body:
gravitron dips 3 x 8 x 71 and pullups 2 x 8 x 71
bench press 3 x 8 x 65
incline bench 3 x 8 x 25
chest fly (cable crossover) 3 x 8 x 40
seated row 3 x 8 x 50
fly 3 x 8 x 10lb DB
step ups on high bench 2 x 10 x each leg

cardio interval- jumping on tall aerobic step up over and back until winded which didn’t take much- did that for about 3 minutes

Saturday- a couple of hours out in the yard was all the work out I got

Sunday- I know, most mothers are getting breakfast in bed and coming up with reasons to get pampered. I put on trail running shoes and headed out to our favorite “hill”. I used to almost dread doing the Pinnacle run. Mostly because it was exhausting trying to keep up with my mtn goat husband. Sunday I may have been more than ready to break my own time record on that sucker. I got around up and over in well under an hour and was still running when J’s knee gave. He turned back and I kept going for a bit. Long enough to wear myself out and stop paying attention. There was this mud puddle you see, and I didn’t want to step in it so while I was watching it I clipped my toe on a tree root and SPLAT!! down I went, full body to ground contact. Of course I got up and looked around to make sure no one saw it and kept running. It was a good workout. We stopped at the grocery on the way home and I bought dinner fixings that I thought would be easy for J to make for us.
The rest of the afternoon was spent in the yard. I needed to burn calories. So far we had eaten hot wings (mine with loads of bleu cheese of cours) and take out chinese on Fri and Sat nights. I needed no more high calorie food.
J fixed dinner while I cleaned all the dirt and sweat off. He called me to come see my mother’s day present and in our backyard was a brand new king sized quilted hammock and pillow. Backstory: I had a hammock at my house before we got married and then after we moved in together we let it stay outside until it rotted and I’ve missed it. J thought he could set this one up in our backyard to give me an escape to nap or read. Because I don’t do either of those things at home very often. It was a sweet idea but the second I turned my back, the small one had claimed the hammock as her own and was camped in it with her laptop. So much for mom relaxing.


Single Post Navigation

Tell Me What You Think

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: